MSN messenger or Windows Live Messenger is an instant messaging service, which enables the users to keep in touch with friends via voice chats, text messaging, as well as video chatting. There are many advanced services available in this messaging application, such as album viewer, offline messaging, games and applications that provide an enhanced messaging experience to the users. The technicians at Windows online support provide assistance with troubleshooting the issues related to MSN messenger service.
In this application, a user can search for a contact and then add people directly from the email contact book. In this way, you would be able to get connected with your old friends through the messaging service. According to Windows online support, you can even search and add people you do not know, and thus create new friendships through MSN messenger.
You can try the following instructions to search people to chat with MSN Messenger before contacting technical support.
Searching for contacts
- For searching contacts in the messaging service, you first need to download Windows Live Messenger. Now, log in by entering your user name and password.
- In the next step, you need to complete the automatic search wizard. It requires giving Windows Live permission to access your email contact book.
- Now, click on the Next option, and complete the wizard. With this, Windows Live would automatically send invites to your friends having MSN messenger accounts in your email book. Once they accept your invitation, you would be able to seem on your friends list.
- For checking the profiles, you first need to log into your Windows Live account, with your user name and password. Now, go to the friends list and enter a name into the search box. You can click on the magnifying glass symbol to start the search.
- In the next step, you need to select the Search Profiles option wherein a new window would get opened with matching profiles. Meanwhile, if you have any queries, you can always seek assistance from the Windows online support.
- Now, click on the Add as Friend option to send an invite to the person. Once it is accepted, you can start chatting with the person.
These steps would help you to search and add people to your contacts list in MSN messenger. To know more, feel free to contact our technical support.