If you are using Outlook Express as your primary email application, you would have faced issues regarding accessing information stored in folders on the PC. Although the safeguards placed in Outlook Express help loads to keep your data safe, some of it may still get deleted accidentally. Hence, it is essential to back it up so that even if it gets deleted, you can still retrieve it.
Here’s how to back up all Microsoft Outlook Express data.
Backing up messages
- After opening the application, you need to click on the Tools selection, then Options. Now, click on the Maintenance tab followed by the Store Folder beneath it.
- Now, you need to copy the store location in the Store Location panel and observe the folder location.
- After saving the messages in the folder, click on the Cancel button twice, and exit the dialog box.
- Now, copy all the items of the Store folder and close the window. According to Outlook Express help, you can create a backup folder by right-clicking a vacant area on the desktop, and then clicking on New, followed by Folder.
- Now, you can name the folder, open it and paste the contents of the Store folder into this backup folder.
Backing up the address book
- In the first step, you need to go the File menu, click on the Export option, and then on Address Book. Now, click on Text File, followed by the Export option, and then Browse.
- In the next step, select the folder where you have saved the messages. Now, in the File Name box, you can name the address book and click on Save. Now, click on Next and select the check boxes for all those fields that you wish to export, and then click Finish. Now, click OK and Close to exit the process.
- According to the Outlook Express help, for exporting your mail account into a file, click on Tools and then on Accounts. Now, go to the Mail tab and choose the mail accounts you want to export, and then click on Export.
- Now, you need to choose the Mail Backup folder in the Save In box, and click on Save. You can follow the same steps for each mail account that you want to export. In the end, click on Close.
These steps would help you to successfully backup Microsoft Outlook Express data. For more information, please contact our Outlook tech support team.